This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Can't run WPF Sample App

Mar 6, 2014 at 4:42 PM
Hi

I tried to run sample WPF app you provided but when I load the solution I'm getting a lot of errors saying:
Error 1 The member "BrickInputPort" is not recognized or is not accessible. C:\Users***\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\Samples.1.0.0\SampleApps\SampleApp (WPF)\MainWindow.xaml 41 6 SampleApp (WPF)

etc.

I have tried rebuild all, I have tried downloading the code a few times, I have tried rebuild from various points in the app.

However, if I run the app, it is able to connect to my EV3 and control the motors and receive the data from the sensors. I have only tried this using Bluetooth.

I'm using Visual Studio Ultimate 2013 on Win7. The other apps also won't run. With the phone app I get an incompatible version message and the WinRT app requires Win8.1
Mar 6, 2014 at 8:28 PM
Phone won't load unless you have the Windows Phone 8 SDK installed, which I'm assuming you don't. And, of course, WinRT won't work on Win7. That said, the WPF sample app should load, build, and run just fine.

Can you copy/paste the full set of errors you're getting?
Mar 7, 2014 at 2:06 PM
Thanks for your quick response, here is my full error list...

Error 1 The member "BrickInputPort" is not recognized or is not accessible. C:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\Samples.1.0.0\SampleApps\SampleApp (WPF)\MainWindow.xaml 41 6 SampleApp (WPF)
Error 2 The member "BrickOutputPort" is not recognized or is not accessible. C:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\Samples.1.0.0\SampleApps\SampleApp (WPF)\MainWindow.xaml 42 6 SampleApp (WPF)
Error 3 The member "SettingClicked" is not recognized or is not accessible. C:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\Samples.1.0.0\SampleApps\SampleApp (WPF)\MainWindow.xaml 43 6 SampleApp (WPF)
Error 4 The member "PlayClicked" is not recognized or is not accessible. C:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\Samples.1.0.0\SampleApps\SampleApp (WPF)\MainWindow.xaml 44 6 SampleApp (WPF)
Error 5 The member "BrickInputPort" is not recognized or is not accessible. C:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\Samples.1.0.0\SampleApps\SampleApp (WPF)\MainWindow.xaml 47 6 SampleApp (WPF)
Error 6 The member "BrickOutputPort" is not recognized or is not accessible. C:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\Samples.1.0.0\SampleApps\SampleApp (WPF)\MainWindow.xaml 48 6 SampleApp (WPF)
Error 7 The member "SettingClicked" is not recognized or is not accessible. C:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\Samples.1.0.0\SampleApps\SampleApp (WPF)\MainWindow.xaml 49 6 SampleApp (WPF)
Error 8 The member "PlayClicked" is not recognized or is not accessible. C:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\Samples.1.0.0\SampleApps\SampleApp (WPF)\MainWindow.xaml 50 6 SampleApp (WPF)
Error 9 The member "BrickInputPort" is not recognized or is not accessible. C:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\Samples.1.0.0\SampleApps\SampleApp (WPF)\MainWindow.xaml 53 6 SampleApp (WPF)
Error 10 The member "BrickOutputPort" is not recognized or is not accessible. C:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\Samples.1.0.0\SampleApps\SampleApp (WPF)\MainWindow.xaml 54 6 SampleApp (WPF)
Error 11 The member "SettingClicked" is not recognized or is not accessible. C:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\Samples.1.0.0\SampleApps\SampleApp (WPF)\MainWindow.xaml 55 6 SampleApp (WPF)
Error 12 The member "PlayClicked" is not recognized or is not accessible. C:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\Samples.1.0.0\SampleApps\SampleApp (WPF)\MainWindow.xaml 56 6 SampleApp (WPF)
Error 13 The member "BrickInputPort" is not recognized or is not accessible. C:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\Samples.1.0.0\SampleApps\SampleApp (WPF)\MainWindow.xaml 59 6 SampleApp (WPF)
Error 14 The member "BrickOutputPort" is not recognized or is not accessible. C:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\Samples.1.0.0\SampleApps\SampleApp (WPF)\MainWindow.xaml 60 6 SampleApp (WPF)
Error 15 The member "SettingClicked" is not recognized or is not accessible. C:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\Samples.1.0.0\SampleApps\SampleApp (WPF)\MainWindow.xaml 61 6 SampleApp (WPF)
Error 16 The member "PlayClicked" is not recognized or is not accessible. C:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\Samples.1.0.0\SampleApps\SampleApp (WPF)\MainWindow.xaml 62 6 SampleApp (WPF)
Error 17 The member "BrickInputPort" is not recognized or is not accessible. C:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\Samples.1.0.0\SampleApps\SampleApp (WPF)\MainWindow.xaml 70 6 SampleApp (WPF)
Error 18 The member "SettingClicked" is not recognized or is not accessible. C:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\Samples.1.0.0\SampleApps\SampleApp (WPF)\MainWindow.xaml 71 6 SampleApp (WPF)
Error 19 The member "BrickInputPort" is not recognized or is not accessible. C:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\Samples.1.0.0\SampleApps\SampleApp (WPF)\MainWindow.xaml 74 6 SampleApp (WPF)
Error 20 The member "SettingClicked" is not recognized or is not accessible. C:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\Samples.1.0.0\SampleApps\SampleApp (WPF)\MainWindow.xaml 75 6 SampleApp (WPF)
Error 21 The member "BrickInputPort" is not recognized or is not accessible. C:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\Samples.1.0.0\SampleApps\SampleApp (WPF)\MainWindow.xaml 78 6 SampleApp (WPF)
Error 22 The member "SettingClicked" is not recognized or is not accessible. C:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\Samples.1.0.0\SampleApps\SampleApp (WPF)\MainWindow.xaml 79 6 SampleApp (WPF)
Error 23 The member "BrickInputPort" is not recognized or is not accessible. C:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\Samples.1.0.0\SampleApps\SampleApp (WPF)\MainWindow.xaml 82 6 SampleApp (WPF)
Error 24 The member "SettingClicked" is not recognized or is not accessible. C:\Users\user\Documents\Visual Studio 2013\Projects\Samples.1.0.0\SampleApps\SampleApp (WPF)\MainWindow.xaml 83 6 SampleApp (WPF)
Mar 9, 2014 at 2:46 AM
Let me be psychic...

You downloaded the Samples package with Internet Explorer and/or you extracted the ZIP with the built-in Explorer unzipper dealie?

Go into the References\Desktop directory, right-click on the Lego.Ev3.Desktop.dll, hit Properties, and click the Unblock button on the Properties dialog.

Did that fix it?
Mar 9, 2014 at 3:17 AM
Yes, that did it. Thanks for the help peekb!
Mar 9, 2014 at 3:20 AM
Yay! :)