This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

documentation on API

Nov 25, 2013 at 5:12 PM
This is a great API for .NET developers who wants to program EV3. I got EV3 a week before and totally new to this type of programming. So I am learning and it is exciting. However, I wish there is more documentation about various application of API's. For instance, I found that motor control api like TurnMotorAtPowerForTimeSync does not work on the medium motor. Only StelMotorAtPowerSync is working. Meaning of some of the parameters is also not very intuitive for a beginner like me. Another thing I notice is that the Tracker Robot does not move in a straight line of I use

ev3Brick.DirectCommand.TurnMotorAtPowerForTimeAsync(OutputPort.B | OutputPort.C,motorpower,900,false);

I move it a little every second and sometimes the it turns a little. I probably need to play with different settings. So what is the best source to get in depth knowledge how these API's works, the parameters and the differences. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it a lot.

Btw, I used this API to control the robot using NeuroSky EEG mindwave headset so I can move it by focusing. It works great.
Coordinator
Nov 25, 2013 at 6:06 PM
I tried to keep parameters and method names in line with what LEGO MINDSTORMS desktop software uses. Take a look at the documentation included with their software which might help clarify a few things. Otherwise, if you have specific questions on parameters and whatnot, ask them here and I can update the documentation for future releases.