This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Wireless Adapter - Did I get the wrong one?

Mar 26, 2014 at 3:34 AM
I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but I'll ask anyway. I purchased the NETGEAR N150 USB WiFi dongle mentioned on the codeplex documentation page for this project, specifically WNA1000M at the following URL:

http://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-adapters/WNA1000M.aspx

However, the EV3 does not seem to want to detect this model. Some of the forum sites I have visited since then searching for a solution to the problem have said mentioned the WNA1100 rather than the WNA1000M. The document did not mention a specific model, so I figured that meant all the NETGEAR N150 models would work for this. Did I buy the wrong model, or am I doing something wrong trying to enable WiFi on my EV3? Thanks.
Mar 26, 2014 at 4:49 PM
The only one I've tried is a WNA1100 which worked great. I don't know anything more than that, however...
Mar 26, 2014 at 4:49 PM
The only one I've tried is a WNA1100 which worked great. I don't know anything more than that, however...
Marked as answer by njsokalski on 3/28/2014 at 9:56 AM
Mar 28, 2014 at 9:44 PM
I got the WNA1100, and that one worked, so I guess I did get the wrong one, but now that I have the WNA1100 so I can test successfully. I am going to suggest/request, however, that somebody update the documentation page to specifically specify WNA1100 so that nobody else purchases the wrong one like I did, because I think it could be very easy for somebody to mix them up, since they both say Netgear and N150 on them. Thank you.
Mar 31, 2014 at 5:32 PM
Ok, added to the main documentation page, calling out the WNA1100 specifically. Thanks for the info...I had no idea there were multiple "models" under the N150 line...