This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Web Service

Jan 24, 2014 at 3:34 PM
Hi,
Has anyone managed to create a web service using this API?
Jan 24, 2014 at 5:51 PM
I'm not the one who created the Lego EV3 API, but I'm pretty sure that it is not intended to be used for creating web services. There is certainly nothing that says you can't have web services and use the Lego EV3 API in the same application, so please don't interpret this as saying you shouldn't use them together, they are just different components that are not usually discussed together in the same forum. If you are talking about accessing a web service, then this might not be the appropriate forum for asking those questions, because you would access them the same way you would in any other .NET app or code. If you really are trying to create a web service, I would suggest looking into some ASP.NET forums. Good luck!
Jan 25, 2014 at 3:12 AM
@Aeteris

Sounds interesting.
Like @njsokalski wrote, I believe learning how to do web services is not a topic for this forum.

But are you suggesting that you would want to "control" a Lego Robot Device over the web
from a smart phone or web page ?

Such as sending commands via a Web Service ?
e.g.
Run a program on the robot
Send some sensor results back to a remote web service.

The Windows program on a PC which is connected via Wifi / Bluetooth to the robot could be waiting for remote commands over the web ( not sure how - protocol ).
and then fire off methods/function in the program which control the robot and gather stats.

LA Guy